Custom Sales Representative
Send cover letter, resume with salary requirements to:
Job Code: Custom Sales Rep
2024 Broad St
Pocomoke City MD 21851
Attn: T. von Arx
Bel-Art Products simplifies tasks with innovative product solutions for science, industry and healthcare. Over 3500 laboratory, safety and industrial products from wash bottles to fume hoods are manufactured and marketed worldwide through distribution, under our flagship Scienceware® brand. Operational functions include manufacturing, assembly, engineering and design, sourcing, and supply chain management. Established in 1946, Bel-Art Products is a privately held corporation headquartered in Wayne, NJ. For more information visit www.belart.com
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Custom Sales Representative in our Pocomoke City, MD. office.
Sells custom products, specifically fabrication, wire, & molding) for wholesalers or manufacturers in technical, medical or scientific fields.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Provides reports & forecasts to Senior Management on a weekly or monthly basis
- Persuasion—Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening—Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness—Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Negotiation—Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation—Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning—Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
- Complex Problem Solving—Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Coordination—Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Sales and Marketing—Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service—Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production and Processing—Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Experience and Education:
Technical or scientific knowledge is required in areas such as biology, engineering, chemistry, medical and electronics
At least 2 years of postsecondary education
2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Ability to read blueprints & mechanical drawings
Resumes without salary history will not be considered
We offer a casual, but professional office environment scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 5:00 and a competitive salary, quarterly commissions, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, LTD & Tuition Reimbursement.
Bel-Art Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Bel-Art Products is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity