Date: March 12, 2012
Western Territory Sales Manager
Bel-Art Products and Ricca Chemical Company
Territory includes, but is not limited to: Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utal, Washington, with heavier concentrations in California and Colorado
Send cover letter, resume with salary requirements to:
Job Code: SALES
661 Route 23 South
Wayne, NJ 07440
or Fax#: 973-694-0001
Bel-Art Products is a privately held corporation operating across four physical sites in three states with the primary operational functions of manufacturing, assembly, sourcing, and global distribution. Manufacturing capabilities include injection molding, blow molding, rotational molding, compression insert molding, CNC formed wire and metal products, coating, sewing, and plastic fabrication. Our primary markets include the analytical and biological laboratories, clinical laboratories and home health care.
The Western Territory Manager is responsible for achieving sales goals of Bel-Art Products and Ricca Chemical Company product lines within the assigned region. Primary responsibility is to create end-user demand to drive sales growth while maintaining existing business within the assigned territory to meet or exceed goals. Requires a broad based knowledge of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and equipment coupled with the ability to listen, identify customer needs, and provide product solutions. Candidate must possess effective sales techniques, business acumen, and presentation skills to successfully close sales of assigned products through multiple sales channels.
- Devise and execute target account plans and strategies to establish new account sales and expand existing account sales.
- Develop territory forecast and opportunity pipeline
- Build customer/account intelligence by actively engaging with end-users and distributor reps. covering the account.
- Full utilization of CRM system as defined by management.
- Set appointments and visit key territory end-user locations with distributors or on own to present and promote BAP and RCC products.
- Develop new opportunities and expand sales of BAP and RCC in assigned territory.
- Maintain existing sales through established distributor network for both BAP and RCC in assigned territory meeting/exceeding company established targets.
- Develop and foster business relationships with customers and distributors, with focus and prioritization on contacts with high growth potential.
- Build network for distribution coverage and train new distributor reps.
- Participate in distributor shows, workdays, training programs and other activities in order to meet/exceed territory targets.
- Utilize product expertise and application knowledge to successfully conduct effective consultative selling presentations.
- Monitors product performance, market needs and trends, and industry activities in recommending strategic objectives with customers and future product development.
- Provide new product feedback, competitive information, new product ideas, custom quoting opportunities, trends and other news and activities from territory as assigned and/or requested by management.
- From time to time, travel outside assigned territory to support company activities at national trade shows, distributor national sales meeting, others and back-up other territory sales managers in other territories in certain instances.
- Report sales activities, opportunity pipeline, account and territory plans and other activities orally and in writing, including written weekly reports, annual territory plans, expense reports, schedules and others at the request of management.
- Participate in monthly sales conference calls, training sessions, sales meetings and other similar activities as requested by management.
Bachelor's degree in scientific field, either Chemistry or Biology.
- Minimum of two to four years of laboratory product sales experience.
- Demonstrated sales capabilities including experience with selling laboratory supply products via distribution or dealer network.
- Ability to prioritize and manage assigned sales territory and product portfolio to consistently meet or exceed established revenue goals.
- Broad based knowledge of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and equipment coupled with the ability to diagnose customer needs and provide product solutions.
- Ability to quickly perform basic mathematical calculations related to gross margin.
- High motivation level, requiring little direct supervision, with orientation towards results.
- Experience with key account and portfolio management across a diverse customer base.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both customers and distribution partners utilizing developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with common business software such as Excel, Work, Outlook, Power Point and others is assumed.
- Must combine time management skills and territory knowledge to effectively plan and execute travel schedules while maintaining reasonable expenses.
- Availability for extensive travel, both local and overnight, ranging from 65% to 85% depending on schedule.
- Average expected to be around 75-80%. Some weekend travel is required.
Send resume with salary requirements to: Job Code: SALES Bel-Art Products, 661 Route 23 South, Wayne, NJ 07440, fax: (973) 694-0001
Bel-Art Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Bel-Art Products is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity