The Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Registered User, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information for Registered Users includes your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Website unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
2. Billing Information
3. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information and Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include (a) information that we automatically collect when you use the Website, such as the type of platform you’re using, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Website, and (b) information that we collect using “cookie” technology.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Your Information and Communication Preferences
If you have signed up as a Registered User, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information and/or Billing Information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Bel-Art marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, Billing Information and the Other Information to provide you with access to the Website, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer any contests, and to improve your experience using our Website. Also, we may share Personal Information, Billing Information and/or Other Information as described below.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and the Website to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, customer service, order and payment processing. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, Billing Information and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In order to administer any contests, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the Personal Information, Billing Information and the Other Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, Billing Information and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bel-Art or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, Billing Information and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We use industry-standard SSL (“Secure Socket Layer”) encryption technology, a secure server, and other physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security of such information. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from our Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Bel-Art may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at:
Bel Art Products-SP Scienceware
661 Rt. 23 South
Wayne, NJ 07470
In addition, Bel-Art does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us